Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter

Happy Easter Everyone. 
 I hope you all had a good Easter and enjoyed a nice spring break.  
Do you put out decorations like you do for other holidays?
The bunny display is from my aunt and uncle's house.  They go crazy with decorations for every holiday and I thought these were too cute!


Here is an old wheel that my neighbor decorated with eggs. 

Do you do anything special?
  
As a child I loved hunting for eggs.  This year I was really happy to be the one hiding them for my daughter.  It was such a joy watching her find them and open them.  I use to get eggs full of candy and sometimes spare change or a dollar, for my daughter since we're trying to be healthier I filled most of her eggs with spare change.  She loved it and had to open each egg she found and yell "money!"

This year time slipped by us and we didn't color eggs as a family, but luckily my Aunt took the task and my daughter spent a day with her coloring eggs (which have mad great egg salads for lunches)

You can't have Easter without some sugar.  I love jelly beans, not to eat but they are so colorful and really make me think Easter anytime I see them.  These were left out on the table and I did really good and only had 1.  I think my little sweet toothed girl stole a handful every time she went by them.






Holidays are meant to be spent with family and friends, and that's how we spend ours every year.  This year we spent it with my neighbors and my mom.  The above photos are of me, my daughter, and my mom, and the one in color with the bunny includes my husband who is also pictured below.







 Do you have any crazy traditions??
Almost anytime there's a cake around we have a cake fight, Easter this year was no different as my mom and I got into it.  Latter after I went home to clean up and put my overtired baby to bed the cake fight continued with everyone that stuck around long enough to be a part of it. 


Hope you all had a great week I look forward to reading what you do to celebrate Easter and Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment