Thursday, April 5, 2012

More than just Bears at Grandfather Mt


I did a post about the bears at Grandfather Mountain and there's so much more at Grandfather besides the black bears, and I had to share how great Grandfather Mountain, NC is to go.  I love going on family trips to here because there is so much to do and see.




My big brave girl (at years old) about to go over the Mile High Swinging Bridge insisting on walking herself!

Above is my husband on top of the mountain.  To the right is my husband and 2year old daughter on top of a rock where we had lunch having fun rock climbing and playing.



 


 There are more animals to enjoy including the otter, cougar, and not pictured deer and some birds.

The views from atop the mountain are breath taking!  



Keep an eye out for flowers.  This was last Spring we visited and flowers and bud were just starting to pop out.

on our way back I saw my daughter pointing at something, as I got closer I saw she was pointing at this bush covered in pink buds....how pretty.  I still have no idea what type of plant it is.

I promise you and you're family will go home grinning at the end of the day (or maybe upset that the day went by so fast) either way you're sure to enjoy the time at this beautiful, national park!

No comments:

Post a Comment