Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Night at the Cole Bros Circus

A couple weeks ago I got to take my family to the Cole Bros Circus.  
My one cousin got free tickets and they had too much going on so she passed them on to me.  We had a great time, and I got to catch it all on my camera :)  I ended up with 570 photos of the night.  Here's so of the highlights from our night out.



I loved the Aerial Ballet, all the people in the circus were very talented,
but the women dancing 100's of feet above us with only hoops, and silk just amazed me with nothing to catch them they captured the audience's attention and preformed gracefully, making many women wish they could do the same thing.  





This couple wowed the crowd and made many dizzy with their Wheel of Destiny.  It was great watching they do trick as they went round and round, and upside down.


Custom edits of the same photo: original, neon glow, and black and white glow.
What circus would be complete without an elephant??


How these two women preform their aerial art while holding their own weight by only their hair is amazing.  The thought and photos were enough to make my head hurt.






Seeing the Royal Bengal Tigers was a highlight and a low of the night, they were beautiful animals and their massive size and strength really made you realize how they are wild animals and how easy it could be to be hurt by them, the crack of the tamers whip made you realize that they are wild animals and how easily they could overtake the only two other people in the ring with them.   It's been on the news before where the something goes wrong and the tigers and made to look like they are the bad guys.  We have to remember that they are wild animals being forced to do something they don't want to do.  Below are photos of cats jumping through a hoop of fire, I'm sure that that's not something they are too willing to do.















2 comments:

  1. I love your captures of the circus and some of the changes you made to them. I didn't notice anywhere here to follow your blog. I will just have to subscribe by mail. Life has taken me by the hand again and gotten very busy so not blogging or out visiting blogs like I use to, but love popping in every now and then. Take a care and enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and I know what you mean, I've gotten so busy lately that I haven't even had the chance to do any blogging since this post! Really it's sad. But at least we'll have a chance to pop in every once in a while and then catch up and write again when we have the chance :)

    ReplyDelete